Monday 21 April 2014

Beyond Layers - Day 2

On this day, Kim urged us to be simplistic with our composition and think "Less is More".  Also to look for the light and be light with our processing.



So, this is my effort.  I've added the texture Kim gave us in the lesson, kk_awaken, firstly at 40% soft light and then duplicated the layer at 20% hard light.  I've brushed out some of the texture over the vase, stem and centre of the image.

The text is Alex Brush to which I've applied a drop shadow at a distance of 7, spread of 70% in black at soft light.

At the beginning I made slight adjustments in levels and hue/saturation and then used the high pass sharpener at 4.5 pixels.  To end I resized to 1400 pixels wide and sharpened slightly again with unsharp mask.

The plant material is a stem of Comfrey from my garden and the little vase was a £1 from Asda.  They are on a mantelpiece, with light from an east facing window about 10 feet away, at 8.30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment