Saturday 19 April 2014

Friday Finds - 18 April 2014

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my photos and like to crop them to the same ratio, i.e. 16 x 9.15.....don't ask!  And I normally try and compose my images in a landscape orientation.  But for today's Friday Find, I turned the camera and my find was some little plants growing in the grass in the local park.



I've added kk_rest at 50% soft light and kk_paperstained at 10% hardlight.  The font is Dreamer.


I did give a little thought to this....the light was striking from about the 3 o'clock position and I focused on the top weed head at F5.6, the widest my 18-200mm can manage at 200mm.  I always shoot in manual mode and have since I first got my Nikon D90 in 2009 - it's been a long journey teaching myself how my camera works, but I'm there now, and hardly give the settings a second thought.  I went straight from a little Sony compact that I could just about switch on to the D-SLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment