Friday 9 May 2014

Friday Finds - 9 May 2014

This week I was so excited to find these litte butterflies in our local museum, as part of a WW1 exhibit.


They have been cut out of copies of old documents, letters, maps and some were of photographs.  Some were on card, whilst others on paper.  I thought they were absolutely delightful and came away saying I should make some of my own.....but it's that time thing!  These had been made by local school children.

The lighting in the museum was a little challenging.  Bright spots in places and nothing in others.  Then there were things in the background, either brightly coloured or shiny.  I used my 50mm with an ISO of 500, and aperture ranging from f1.4 to f2.8, but still had to fiddle in Lightroom to put some light into these images.  They aren't as sharp as I'd have like, but never mind :)

You can't normally take photos in the museum....signs up every where say you can't.....but the museum opened up after hours, so that a group of us from Bexhill Photographic Club could wander around taking pictures.

The following image is part of the same exhibit as the butterflies and is the "Tree of Tears".


Each little bottle represents the tears shed for a solider who didn't return from the fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment