Tuesday 13 May 2014

Texture Tuesday - 13 May 2014

Not long to go now.....Be Still 52 starts tomorrow.  Today for Texture Tuesday the theme was Yellow.  I had thought of arranging some yellow leaves I have in the garden, but this bunch of roses was only £2 in the local Aldi this morning, so who could resist them.


Our house is 101 years old and these floor boards are in a bedroom I'm decorating, so thought I'd make use of them before they are covered by carpet.  It would be too drafty to keep them uncovered, but think I shall have to replicate them somehow, although don't think the other half would be impressed if I asked him to take these up and replace with new!  But at the speed I'm going, they wont be seeing carpet for some time.

Anyways, my image......I had a tweak in Lightroom before moving to Photoshop, where I applied a solid colour fill (hex a4a363) at 100% soft light, followed by kk_simple at 66% soft light and then duplicated that to 17% hard light and lightly removed texture from the roses......sort of following along with Kim, as per the textures, but haven't yet downloaded kk_melancholy preset.  The font is "Bilbo Swash Caps"......I spent a whole evening downloading free fonts.....who would have thought there could be so many.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so romantic, love the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I agree with Barbara, the lace is beautiful! Stunning image and love the font!
    (from Texture Tuesday http://cherylmccainphotography.com/texture-tuesday-yellow/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy, coming from the "Be still 52 " class and want to say hello !
    Lieben Guss, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patricia, that's so nice of you to stop by and say hello...with love to you to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to shop at the Aldi and we have one about 70 miles from here (yes in the US!) My girls love it. Your picture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill....Aldi is getting everywhere and they are very good value.

      Delete